As promised, Round 1 games are as follows:
Advanced Squad Leader with a choice of one of three scenarios:
1. Maczek Fire Brigade (J113) from Journal 8
2. Brigade Hill (J116) also from Journal 8
3. Battle for the Warta Line (U15) from Turning the Tide
Iwo Jima: Rage Against the Marines from Special Operations Issue 1.
If you choose to play Iwo as your game, here are the official MMP Ironman Requirements
1. Play the game twice against the same opponent, once as each side. Whoever does better as the Japanese wins the round.
Better is defined as having the most Japanese Victory Points minus VPs scored by the Americans.
1. Most Japanese units still left alive (counted in steps)
2. Most Areas still controlled by the Japanese.
3. Most points based on American steps removed
4. Whoever still has the Japanese HQ still in the game.
5. Tiebreaker match with VPs bid to play the Japanese.
Allow 3rd Marines to come on without a beachhead on turn 2 for 3 VPs; Turn 3 for 2 VPs, Turn 4 for 1 VP, Free after turn 4. They cannot come on any earlier than turn 2. If they come on with a beachhead at any time, no change to rules as written.