Flags of Our Fathers, Turn 7
Mar 7 - good weather! Time to crater some more of this hunk of lava rock.
US bombards Tamana Hill 24 (6) - 1 hit; North Field 16 (7) - 3 hits; I get lucky even with the splitting of factors, which is somewhat a no, no for US in this game.
US Moves - time to start getting a move on!
1. 28th to Ohsaka
2. 24th to Tamana; DF surprise 4 (1 hit)
3. 23rd to West Village
4. 27th to Tamana; DF surprise 4 (4 hits) - ouch! 3 step losses and retreat to Old Man
5. 26th to North Field; DF Surprise 3 (0)
6. 21st to North Field; DF Surprise 3 (2) - 1 step loss and retreat to Motoyama
7. 3T to North Field; DF AT surprise 5 (1)
8. 3rd to North Field
9. 25th to North Field
10. 9th to Old Man
11. 4T to Motoyama
I got too anxious to move and payed for it by triggering JP Def Fire. Fortunately, it was acceptable, but could have been real bad
JP HQ and infantry pops up in North Field. Unit in Tamana Hill.
Assault Tamana 4(1) - miss; North Field 16 (4) - 1 hit. Up to 16 JP units left.
Control Ohsaka. STL in Motoyama.
Note: 7 units on the map. 10 units confirmed dead. I think up to 9 units unaccounted for in my count.
JP bombards Tamana 3 (0), North Field 2 (0). JP Move Dice 3 (2 moves: HQ and tank moves to E. Village).
JP assault Tamana 4 (1) and North Field 1 (1). Ouch.
VP JP 13 US 22