Click a category to the left to browse our product catalog.
Race For Bastogne is a Grand Tactical Series (GTS) game that covers one sliver in the history of the Battle of the Bulge. On 16 December 1944, the Germans launched their great offensive through the Ardennes. The XLVII Panzer Corps attacked with the 2. Panzer Division and 26. Volksgrenadier Division, reinforced by the Panzer Lehr Division. Defending was part of the 110th Infantry Regiment of the 28th Infantry Division. It should have been a blitzkrieg through the thin defenses but stubborn resistance, the terrain, and the well-managed commitment of American reinforcements caused the German attack to fail to take Bastogne just as the 101st Airborne Division arrived. Even as German forces by-passed Bastogne to extend the “Bulge,” the 101st was hard pressed to defend the critical crossroads town.
Race For Bastogne simulates the German XLVII Corps attack across the Our River through the 110th Infantry Regiment, the delaying actions by Combat Command Reserve, 9th Armored Division, and Combat Command B, 10th Armored Division, followed by the defense of Bastogne by the 101st Airborne Division. The game covers the night of 15 December to the night of 25 December 1944. The German initially commands three “divisions” and the American two “divisions” on two maps laid end to end.
Race For Bastogne includes one Campaign Game and six scenarios; five of these use a single map (or portions of a single map), and the sixth uses both maps.
Race For Bastogne components:
• Grand Tactical Series (GTS) 2.0c Series Rules (40 pages, color)
• Race For Bastogne Exclusive Rules (60 pages, color)
• Rules Summary (8 pages, B&W)
• Race For Bastogne TRC/TEC set (2 cards, color)
• Race For Bastogne Divisional Charts set (5 cards, color)
• Race For Bastogne Off-Map Display & Turn Record Chart (2 cards, color)
• Two single-sided 22" x 34" maps (see a sample of the playtest map HERE)
• One double-sided 8-1/2" x 11" map
• Eight countersheets (5/8") (see samples of the playtest counters HERE and HERE)
• Four 10-sided dice
• One box and lid (*Note: this is our standard 3” box and is not the same style of box used for The Devil’s Cauldron, Where Eagles Dare, and The Greatest Day).
Designer: Joe Chacon
Developer: Nick Richardson
Game Art: Nicolas Eskubi
The Grand Tactical Series (GTS) recaptures battles on a grand scale with the color and atmosphere that the great campaigns deserve. Updating Victory Games' popular, playable and accurate Panzer Command system, the series is also created with exquisite historical detail and a game system that allows the players to see the great "Whys" and "What Ifs" as the campaigns unfold.
Advanced Squad Leader, Squad Leader, and Panzerblitz
are trademarks of Avalon Hill Games, Inc., and are used with permission from Avalon Hill Games, Inc.,
a Hasbro affiliate. All rights reserved.
The English-language versions of Fire in the Sky, A Victory Lost, Target: Arnhem, Storm Over Stalingrad, and Warriors of God
are exclusively licensed from Game Journal magazine in Japan. Circle art used on ASL Rulebook is copyright © Rodger MacGowan. All rights reserved.